Dennis Jay Wouters
WNF Law, PL
Dennis Jay Wouters joined WNF Law's litigation team in 2009. Previously, during his three year tenure at the Miami Dade County State Attorney's Office, Mr. Wouters successfully prosecuted more than 75 defendants in both jury and bench trials. He prosecuted both juvenile and adult felony offenders for misdemeanors and felonies of varying degrees. Mr. Wouters brings to WNF Law his extensive criminal law background, litigation and trial experience.
- Successfully plea-bargained a first degree felony drug trafficking case, with a maximum penalty of thirty years state prison, to misdemeanor probation.
- Prosecuted in excess of 75 jury and bench criminal trials of misdemeanors and felonies of varying degrees to verdict.
- Drafted and successfully argued an apellate brief before a three judge panel in the Circuit Court of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit.
- Assisted in the trial preparation and prosecution of murder case featured on "The First 48" - a reality TV show on A&E, 2007.
- Represented a defendant charged with second degree murder in Loyola Criminal Defense Clinic.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Litigation
- Family Law
- Immigration Law
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, J.D. 2006
- Barry University, B.S. (Political Science) 2002
- District of Columbia Bar, 2012
- Florida Bar, 2006
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2010
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2010
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2010