Carlos A. Nuñez-Vivas
WNF Law, PL
Carlos A. Nuñez-Vivas, an accomplished civil and commercial attorney, has litigated cases and represented clients in matters involving international asset recovery, commercial contracts and torts, trademark and copyright infringement, banking, securities violations, complex fraud, breaches of warranties, breaches of fiduciary duties, racketeering, theft, divorce and custody, and criminal investigations and accusations. He has represented corporate, governmental and individual clients located around the world.
- Board of Directors, Miami Coalition of Christians and Jews (MCCJ), 2010-2011
- Treasurer, Miami Coalition of Christians and Jews (MCCJ), 2011
- Miami Children's Hospital Foundation, Campaign Task Force, 2011
- FIBA - Florida International Banker's Association, Member
- International Referral Asset Recovery
- Represented a foreign embassy and individuals referred by it, including diplomats and royal family members, in criminal, civil and regulatory matters.
- Recovered more than $140 Million for South American Bankers.
- Obtained a $209 Million Judgment in an Asset Recovery Matter.
- Conducted Asset Recovery Investigation for a South American Central Bank.
- Defended Colombian Bank Involved in Money-Laundering Investigation.
- Defended Officer of US Beverage Company Accused of Fraud and Racketeering.
- Defended Malicious Prosecution and Abuse of Process Claims.
- Represented Investors Victims of Breaches of Fiduciary Duties and Securities Violations.
- Cornell University, J.D. (Specialized in Business Law) 1997
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A., magna cum laude (Economics) 1991
Presentations, Appearances, and Publications
- Interviewed by LaPrensa.com: "FATCA Impact On Thousands In Nicaragua" September, 2013 [Spanish Language Version]
- "Ley FATCA contra el tiempo" Interview by LaPrensa.com January 30, 2013 [Spanish]
- "FATCA a las Puertas" Interview by LaPrensa.com December, 10 2012 [Spanish]
- Speaker: One-day training course on FATCA - Global Reach and Transparency to the Association of Private Banks of Nicaragua (Asobanp) in Managua, Nicaragua on August 30, 2012
- Speaker: The Commercial Banks Association of the Dominican Republic FATCA Meeting on September 28, 2012
- Speaker: The C5 - 23rd Forum - Fraud, Asset Tracing and Recovery, October 22-24, 2012 (Click here for brochure)
- "Until Money Do Us Part" By Carlos A. Nunez and Daniel Foodman, Various Publications
- "Right on the Money", Anniversary Issue, April-May, 2010
- Your company's ethics code: Go for the spirit, with Milton M. Ferrell, Jr., in Directors & Boards, Fall 2003
- Selected to Florida SuperLawyers 2014
- WNF Law Selected to 2014 Edition of "Best Law Firms" Rankings.
- Selected as one of Martindale-Hubbell's 2013 U.S. Top Ranked Law Firms.
- South Florida Legal Guide Top Lawyers - 2012
- Selected by Best Lawyers and US News "Best Law Firm" (2012) in criminal defense (white collar and non-white collar)
- South Florida Business Leader Magazine, Mover and Shaker Award, January, 2011
- Top Up & Comer, Commercial Litigation and Commercial Fraud, South Florida Legal Guide 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Invited speaker in seminars in the United States, Panama, France and Spain on banking, anti-money laundering and international asset recovery
- Awarded the Past President’s Award for working paper entitled “Commercial Fraud and Compliance Commission Civil and Criminal Provisions Relating to Insider Dealing,”, presented at the August 2006 Annual Congress of the International Association of Young Lawyers in Geneva, Switzerland
- English (Fluent)
- Spanish (Fluent)