WNF Law, PL
Before entering private practice, Daniel Foodman served as a state prosecutor in Miami-Dade County for three years, a tenure during which he tried to completion over forty cases, from misdemeanors to homicides. His trial experience includes a three-week criminal trial carried live on Court TV, which received national and international media exposure.
Mr. Foodman is AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest recognition given for professional excellence, skills and integrity. Mr. Foodman is also certified as a public accountant (CPA), a fraud examiner and a anti-money laundering specialist.
Mr. Foodman focuses his practice on civil and criminal litigation, anti-money laundering compliance, taxation, and family law. He utilizes his law enforcement and investigative experience and his background in accounting and taxation to create innovative legal strategies for clients in both civil and criminal matters.
His civil litigation experience includes cases involving fraud, breach of contract, trade secrets, trademark and copyright infringement, accounting malpractice, tortious interference, insurance and divorce, among others. Mr. Foodman is a member of the Dade County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Business and Trial Lawyers Sections of The Florida Bar, and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He completed his undergraduate studies in accounting at American University in Washington, D.C. and received both his law degree and masters in taxation from the University of Miami.
- Represented a foreign embassy and individuals referred by it, including diplomats and Royal family members, in criminal, civil and regulatory matters.
- Tried more than 40 cases to completion.
- Defended client in a three-week criminal trial that received national and international media exposure and was carried live on Court TV.
- Obtained a favorable settlement prior to filing a complaint on behalf of a plaintiff in accounting malpractice action resulting from employee embezzlement scheme.
- Prosecuted and defended economic crimes, including money laundering.
- Assisted with the formulation of internal controls and implementation of compliance programs.
- Negotiated and structured bank relationship agreements for clients.
- University of Miami President's Council, 2010-present
- Brickell Area Association, Board Member and Vice President, 2013-present
- Temple Beth Am Day School, Board Member, 2012-present
- United Way of Miami Dade, General & Endowment Investment Sub-Committee, 2012
- FIBA - Florida International Banker's Association, Member
- B.E.S.T. - Building Empowerment by Stopping Trafficking by hosting training programs and providing pro-bono victim representation, 2012
- Miami Council for International Visitors
- South Florida ACAMS Chapter, Founding Communications Director of the Executive Board of the South Florida Chapter of ACAMS, 2007-2008
- Florida Bar (Member of Business Section and Trial Lawyers Section)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Haitian Chamber of Commerce
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1999
- University of Miami, Masters of Science in Taxation, 1996
- The American University, Bachelors of Science in Business Administration, Accounting Major, 1995
- District of Columbia Bar Association, 2008
- United States District Court, District of Columbia, 2008
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2001
- Florida Bar , 2000
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Florida
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
- Certified Fraud Examiner
Presentations, Appearances and Publications
- Speaker, FIBA Webinar March, 2013 - "The IRS Race for International Tax Compliance"
- Selected as one of Martindale-Hubbell's 2013 U.S. Top Ranked Law Firms.
- Presenter at FIBA webinar to Latin American Bankers on FATCA
- Featured in Greater Miami Attorneys At Law Magazine, November 2011
- Guest speaker at the B.E.S.T. Training Session
- "Until Money Do Us Part" By Carlos A. Nunez and Daniel Foodman, Various Publications
- "Right on the Money,” Social Affairs Magazine Anniversary Issue, April-May, 2010
- "Reducing Money Laundering in Casinos,” ACAMS Today (7th Annual Conference Edition), September/October 2008
- "Financial Institutions Beware: The Government Will Fine You for Non-Compliance," South Florida Legal Guide (2008 Edition)
- "NextGen, Doers-Profile" South Florida CEO, March 2007
- "Member Spotlight," ACAMS Today, March/April 2007
- "State of Florida v. Thomas Porter Cloyd," Court TV, June 2005
- WNF Law Selected to 2014 Edition of "Best Law Firms" Rankings.
- Selected as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Family Law by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell™
- Selected as one of Martindale-Hubbell's 2013 U.S. Top Ranked Law Firms
- Martindale Hubbell: Rated AV Preeminent, the highest recognition given for professional excellence, skills and integrity, 2006-present
- Named among The Best Lawyers in America, Criminal Defense: White Collar, 2012
- South Florida Legal Guide Top Lawyers - 2012
- Named among Florida's Top Ranked Law Firms by ALM, 2012
- Awarded 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of MIami-Dade County benefitting Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2012
- Selected by US News "Best Law Firm" (2012) in criminal defense (white collar and non-white collar)
- South Florida Business Leader Magazine, Mover and Shaker Award, January, 2011
- SuperLawyers, Florida Rising Stars 2010, 2011
- Top Up and Comers, Civil Litigation, Criminal Litigation, South Florida Legal Guide 2010, 2011