Catherine Shannon Christie
WNF Law, PL
Catherine Shannon Christie tries jury cases for plaintiffs and defendants in highly complex business fraud matters in civil court. Ms. Christie also defends individuals and corporations before state and federal regulatory agencies and also those accused of criminal fraud, violations of securities laws, money laundering, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations, and criminal tax violations in state and federal courts.
- Represented a minority shareholder in an international arbitration regarding a breach of contractual rights, obtaining a $617 million settlement after a partial award was entered.
- Represented an individual charged as part of a major securities fraud sting by the federal government, resulting in the only sentence of no incarceration in that sting.
- Retained by a major international corporation dealing with allegations of FCPA violations in multiple Latin American countries to conduct an internal investigation.
- Represented a Canadian union that ceded from its international union in an action brought by the international union in federal court, obtaining an order dismissing the action on the basis of international abstention.
- Represented the plaintiff in a suit against a bank, successfully defending against a motion to dismiss claims of breach of fiduciary duty in both the trial and appellate courts.
- Represented an individual facing federal charges of obstruction and conspiracy to obstruct in a seven-day jury trial.
- Florida, 2001
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Former Professional Affiliations and Distinctions
- Law Clerk, Honorable Charles R. Wilson, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2001-03.
- Served as Editor in Chief of the Stetson Law Review, 2000-01.