WNF Law, PL
As Marketing Director, Brenda Bassett concentrates on new business development, firm positioning; public and community relations. She also serves as President of Cefalo's International, a marketing company that provides strategic planning for a select clientele with National/International initiatives and is Owner/Executive Producer for Cefalo's Eat This Drink That Go!
A radio and television show dedicated to the love of food, wine and adventure.
With nearly thirty years of marketing experience, Brenda Bassett's background includes broadcast, producing, development of training programs, alumni and fundraising for a University, business development of architectural and engineering firms, sports marketing to the opening of a wine bar, wine store and private club.
She and her family are very involved in the community through their family's foundation. She currently sits on the Board of Directors for Kendall Regional Medical Center, a HCA East Florida Hospital. She has served on the Boards for the Education Fund, Women's Dade Fund, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Greater Miami Beaches & Hotel Association, Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau, among others. The Bassett family continues their involvement with Miami Children's Hospital as well as many programs involving the development of children in need.
- Served as "ambassador" for the world's largest wine company educating distributors and retailers about the brand.
- Oversaw construction of 7,000 square foot facility that included wine bar, wine store and private membership club.
- Developed professional training office and programs in the Bahamas, Jamaica, Ecuador, Puerto Rico, Antigua, Aruba, US Virgin Islands and Ireland
- Developed and implemented new preparatory institute in La Romana, Dominican Republic with partners Casa de Campo and Costa Cruise Lines to train 35,000 employees for the world's largest foodservice hospitality educator.
- Participated in the planning and development of case for Vision 2001 and successfully completed and exceeded $68.2 University wide capital campaign.
- Served as Senior Advancement Officers for a private non-profit University raising $136 million for scholarships, information technology, student financial support facilities, program development and faculty enhancement.
- Developed with Congressman William Lehman CETARY (Culinary Education Training for At-Risk Youth) Program with US Department of Justice.
- Developed the Florida Chapter Alumni Association for University.
- Developed program for largest privately owned beverage company that included the Foundation Scholarship Program and Recipe Contest and private training university.
- Oversaw marketing efforts for 30 offices and 1600 full time staff for largest full service architectural/ engineering office in the Southeastern United States and responsible for $1.2 million annual marketing budget.
- Designed first database for 90 year old architectural/ interior design firm, at the time the second largest architectural firm in the world, whose projects includes the restoration of the Statue of Liberty, US Library of Congress, United States Capitol, Saint Patrick's Cathedral, Trump Tower, among others...
- Expanded personnel by 40% - increasing an architectural firm's commissions by over $20 million. Developed plan to reduce costs for all collateral materials creating first year's savings of over $100,000.
- Traveled with, wrote and produced documentary on Mario Andretti for the National Society to Prevent Blindness first Visions of Greatness award program. Publicity director of CART PPG Indy Series Race Car Driver Dennis Vitolo developing $10 million sponsor package.
- Produced the coaches' shows for two local University football programs.
Professional Affiliations / Community Relations
- Kendall Regional Medical Center, a HCA East Florida Hospital, Board of Directors.
- Florida International Bankers Association
- The Education Fund, Board of Trustees - 1993 - 2010, Advisory Board - 2011 - present.
- Chair, The Art of Found Objects, Annual Charity Event for The Education Fund, 1994 - Present.
- National Association of Professional Women, Member, 2010
- University of Miami Mentor Program
- St. Thomas University - President's Council
- Les Dames D 'Escoffier Society - Board Member - 2008-2010
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce - co-chair Centennial Committee, Ethics and Education Committee, Marketing Committee
- Miami Children's Hospital
- National Society of Fundraising Executive Board of Directors
- National Society to Prevent Blindness Board of Directors
- Association de L'Ecole Francaise, Inc. - President and President Elect
- Johnson & Wales University, Florida Campus, Pioneer's Club
- The Foundlings Club - Member
- United Way - various committees
- Urban League of Greater Miami
- Greater Miami Conventions & Visitors Bureau
- Visit Florida USA
- Greater Miami & Beaches Hotel Association, Trustee
- The Bassett Family Foundation
- Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce, Board of Trustees
- Italian American Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Women's Fund of Miami Dade County - Feeding the Mind Foundation Board
- Pilates Method Alliance, Board of Directors
- National Restaurant Association
- Sky Ranch Foundation
- Superbowl Committee
- Breeder's Cup Committee
- University of Louisville, Communications